Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Vintage Pinewood Derby

This year's Pinewood Derby had a "vintage" theme to it.  Our troop brought out the old, classic wooden track and even encouraged the boys to reuse cars from past pinewood derbies.  This was a stroke of genius by our Cubmaster who saved my life in doing so.  I didn't have to help make a single pinewood derby car this year and boy, howdy, I was jumping for joy because of it!

This was Dallin's last year participating in the pinewood derby.  I can hardly believe it!  He played it cool as he raced his car from last year.  It performed pretty well and he got a trophy for his participation.

Grant borrowed Mariah's car that she made last year and he placed 2nd overall!  He was pretty happy about that.

Next year, Kyle will be participating, which seems impossible to me.  How these boys grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment