The deadline has come and gone for youth baseball sign-ups,
and guess who's family is baseball free this year?
MINE!
[Insert cheering, jumping, hooting, hollering, and huge sighs of relief.]
This is a huge change for our family.
And while I feel a bit sad to see a year go by with the kids not learning or improving their skills in the sport, my feelings of relief outweigh my guilt by mountain-loads.
Last year we set a record with 4 kids in baseball at the same time.
It proved to be too much for me and I vowed never to do it again.
Plus, I was sick of selling the stupid fundraising crap the league forcefully makes you sell to participate.
Last year I was "responsible" to sell 8 bags of pepperoni and 100 chocolate bars.
Last year I was "responsible" to sell 8 bags of pepperoni and 100 chocolate bars.
Pepperoni stick, anyone?
This year, we've decided as a family to try something new for everyone.
For now, the options are gymnastics or karate.
We'll also continue to BMX race when the season begins in the early summer.
That should keep my sanity intact--somewhat.
In the meantime, I'll enjoy these pictures of my cute kids playing baseball,
which doesn't require me to sit in the rain (yes, we play baseball in the rain here), eat dinner in the car,
keep track of practice and game schedules, buy snacks for the teams,
farm kids out to coaches or parents when I can't be in two or three places at once,
wash muddy uniforms and cleats, drag kids to practices when they're whiny and complaining,
buy new gear (anyone remember my experience last year?),
or deal with coaches who think I'm flaky because I can't be at every minute of every practice and game.
Yes, I think this "baseball season" will be very nice, indeed.

No comments:
Post a Comment